Tess and I on a San Juan Trip

I had planned to spend 30 Days in the Puget Sound San Juan Islands, or at least that is what I put on my long-term parking permit at the dock.

But after 10 days of enjoyment, my Potable Water Pressure Switch failed. Checking with the several local Marine stores, provide nothing. The only replacement switch was five hours away, back at Everett. After two more days, without a shower, I was ready to head home.

Until the switch failure, Tess (my Dog) and I were enjoying the trip. Well, . . at least Tess is "liking" the boat more each day. On the way up, Tess was my Radar Man, or at least she looked the part. Can you determine our location by the Radar image?

My Radarman - Tess

We spent several days at Hope Island;

The first day was calm, but the night was Rain, Local Thunder and Lighting, Tess does not like loud noises.

The next day was nice and clear/calm, Tess enjoyed several romps with another dog (named Echo) on the beach. That evening, the Sunset in a light fog provided a great show.

Sunset in Light Fog at Hope Island

That night, the Sky cleared and the water was so mirror-flat that the Sky and Stars appeared as though they were wrapped around us, above and below the boat. Also, below the "sea fluorescents" flashed to join the wondrous spectacle. I tried to take photos but nothing turned out.

By this time, I think Tess is starting to enjoying the boat, or at lease she really like the dingy ride and the beach adventures. I have had her since she was a puppy, but I did not go boating when she was young, she is six now.

The next day, we were fogged-in nothing was moving. The entrance to Deception Pass was obscured. The camera's UV filter makes the fog appear less dense.

So Much Fog, . . . it was almost Difficult to Hear

We waited until later that day, to leave our Hope Island paradise with mirror-flat water.

Leaving Hope Island

By mid day, Deception Pass fog had cleared. With Radar, multiple GPSs, I enjoy motoring in fog, but in this case with our time schedule, there was no need.

Four hours later, we were at the docks at Sucia (we go slow).

Cyrene Dockside at Sucia
Sucia Is a Wondrous Place

It was about the forth day as Sucia, the water pump switched failed. I knew our time around the islands was going to be limited. We spent the next day or so going home to Everett.

We meet many interesting People and Dogs on our trip.

Back at Everett, the pump switch has now been replaced, and I am already planning the next trip North.

--